- Educational aim: Introduce the project.
- Student group targeted: Students in the first year of Secondary Cycle Two (science and technology)
- Broad areas of learning & focuses of development:
Health and Well-Being :Identification of healthy lifestyles (related to nutrition)
Media Literacy: Extensive use of media for projects.
Career planning and entrepreneurship: Exploration of the job of a nutritionist.
- Targeted subject-specific competencies
- Competency 3: Communicates in the language of science and technology: Participates in exchanging scientific and technological information.
- Cross-Curricular Competencies
- Uses information and communication technologies.
- Learn how to create a website & forum entries
- Description of the Task:
- Go to computer lab. (10 min)
- Lock computers!
- Presentation of the project using a sample website made by the teacher on a screen.(15 min)
- De-lock screens & let students navigate on the teacher’s website (5 min)
- Discuss merits of using technology in the classroom (10 min)
- Come to point where exchanging on forums is another important educative tool.
- Show website in which students should write on forums, tell what the topic should be. (5 min)
- Form the groups & give topics (10 min)
- 35 sheets that explain the project & forum homework
- ≈ 10 computers
- Little paper slips to draw names for groups
- Online list of topic
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- Homework: 1 blog entry
- Textbook: Synergy: Available in the resource room.
- Website: Weebly.
- Avenues for evaluation: Respect of directions in the computer lab.Forum entry published on time.
- Plan B: Introduce the topic of nutrition and digestion without the computer. Give detailed information on forum entries and the website.